Friday, February 18, 2022

Middle February

 Happy Middle of February.  I know it's been a while since I last blogged and I won't even try to excuse it.  


The weather here in southwest Missouri has been miserable for the last several weeks.  Sometime in around April or May I will probably look back and say it's been a typical winter here and sigh and get on with it!  But living in it daily is a bit wearing.  It's been wicked cold - some days getting all the way UP to 20 degrees.  It has snowed - already met our annual total of 17", not all on one day though. It has rained - a ton!  It has sleeted and iced a bit.  I am DONE with winter!  I see Spring lingering around the 20th of March and I can't wait to welcome her.


I've been doing a bit of knitting - mostly just keeping my fingers warmed up so I am ready for Sock Madness.  I've have signed up for this annual mad knitting competition again this year.  This is SM16 and my 15th time competing.  I don't know yet how many knitters from around the world are doing it this year but it will end up being in the 1800 range, I'm sure.  Will get an update after the 1st of March when it officially starts. Can't wait to see the Qualifying pattern.

I've also been machine embroidering.  I finished a couple of table squares or runners.  Not all of the work was done by me buy I finished them.   The first one is a St. Patrick's table square the was machine embroidered.  I added the binding around the edge and it is done!



Next we have a machine embroidered wall hanging of the beautiful poem Footprints in the Sand. It was embroidered by someone else and abandoned - actually the lady passed away and it was amongst the boxes of supplies that her husband gave away....I helped the ladies sort everything and decided to rescue it from the trash.  I added the binding to it and will give it to a dear friend who will appreciate not only the workmanship but the sentiment.

And finally we have a Gingerbread Village wall hanging that I machine embroidered as part of a challenge in December from a company in Australia that I love.  Sweet Pea Machine Embroidery puts out some exquisite designs.  I used all my own fabrics - including the faux suede for the houses.
It measures about 28 inches square and was so fun to make.  Only 9 different squares plus a border with a flange.  

I've also been working on several cross stitch projects - and actually finished some of them. 
A Dr. Who Biscornu - not good for anything much except as a pincushion - but fun to make.

Angel is growing like a weed.  She's so smart and so sweet and so soft!  But we have learned that anything that touches the floor she considers her very own property.  John couldn't find the remote for the TV and spent quite a bit of time looking for it....finally found it in the dog run.
Needless to say, we ordered a new one.  Thank goodness she didn't get to the battery.  She would have been one sick puppy!

Well, I will finish this for today. Will try to get another post out soon.
Thank you for stopping by!







1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your snowy pictures make us feel cooler here, Sally....so thank you! Good job on the embroideries, finished is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Puppies chew everything - as you said, thank goodness she didn't get to the battery.