Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter 2021

 It feels as though Easter came early this year.  I don't know why...it just does.  Thankfully we are all safe and healthy and home.  John is cooking a ham and baking some sweet potatoes.  I am making a caesar salad and deviled eggs.  And there is a choice of peach apply cobbler with ice cream or just ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert.  We have invited our next door neighbor to join us.  Simple but still a blessing to be able to share with friends.


When John took the two cows to the vet last November to make sure they had gotten pregnant during their stay at a neighbor's property this past summer, the vet told him that Rosie was about 3 months pregnant and Belle was about 3 1/2 months along.  My calculations said that Belle should have her calf in mid-March.  Belle had a quick, uneventful delivery of a little girl calf on March 16th and Rosie presented us with her little boy calf exactly 2 weeks later, on March 30th.  Both calves are pure black with no other markings.  Since Belle belongs to our son and his family in Utah, we left the naming to them.  They chose the name the name Babette (or Babs or Baby) and I chose the name Zeke for Rosie's little boy.  Here they are this morning...

That is Belle on the far left, then Rosie, then Zeke and finally, Babette.  We have a herd! 

I have been competing in the annual speed knitting contest called Sock Madness again this year.  It's my 14th time competing and the competition is 15 years old.  I made it past the Qualifying Round.  Here is my pair.

And Round One started back on March 24th...I finished my pair yesterday and they were accepted by the moderators so I am going to go into Round 2 when it begins.  Probably sometime at the end of this next week.  


This tree was a real bugger to knit....I honestly don't think they will be very comfortable to wear.  I can't even get the socks over my heel...of course, I have a big foot anyway.  So will rest up my hands and await the release of Round 2...

Hoping you have a wonderful Easter....thanks for stopping by.





No comments: