Thursday, December 31, 2020

End of 2020- Our Annis Horribulus!

Well, today is the last day of 2020 here in the United States. It has been  Our own Annis Horribulus!  From worldwide Pandemics and the resulting isolation from the community to an accident involving a dog leash, a slight hill, and a less than graceful lady resulting in surgery for a broken  wrist, it's been quite a circus!

I will hopefully get my cast off this coming Tuesday.  It has been quite an eye-opening and humbling experience.  I had no idea how much I rely on my right hand for everyday living.  And I am eternally humbled by my darling husband and precious mother for their help for even the most simple things like combing my hair and cutting my food. Let's not talk about bathing and washing my hair (You are my hero, John!) This last 5 weeks in a cast have taught me to appreciate the little things!  

We had snow then other day - not much, not enough to interfere with driving on  the roads. But enough to make the view from the front pretty.


Sorry this is short...typing with a broken wrist is quite time-consuming and  bit painful....Wanted you all to know that we are wishing you a Most Happy New Year....May this next year be blessed beyond measure!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year, Sally - and to your family! It's already 9 a.m. on 1st here, a cloudy day, following a sometimes very challenging year. Having had a broken arm I feel your pain and frustration, fortunately it wasn't my dominant hand.....but yes, hair washing and typing aren't easy. A friend was newly married, a later-life marriage, when she fell and broke both arms so her new husband had to do absolutely everything for her, for a while.