Saturday, April 11, 2020

Easter Season

Today is the day before Easter Sunday.  I don't know of any church in this country that will be holding Easter Services.  However, a lot of them are holding Easter Sunrise Services using YouTube and other media devices.  Our nephew, Thom, is the pastor of a church in Iowa and he has been posting some short daily messages on a YouTube channel.  While we are not of the same faith as he, his messages are so informative and comforting, I look forward to hearing them every day.  If you go to YouTube.com and type in Thom Bryant, you will find a plethora of his 'sermons'. 

I seem to be seeing so many 'memes' on social media...a lot of them are funny, some are apropos of the time.  Here are a couple to help you thru the "Emergency" as they call it in Ireland (or so my friend tells me).  


       
I never thought much about the idea that we are all in shock.  Shock that our world has changed so much and so quickly.  Here's another idea - colroing books or even coloring pages downloaded from the internet.  Use crayons or colored pencils or pens.....I even found a set of recipe cards that lend themselves to coloring.  Might need to get those down and de-stress.

For funny, here are two that struck me.


Sadly, this one is rather true in a lot of cases.  The longer we ignore the stay at home orders, the longer it will take to flatten the curve. Only then will we be able to resume whatever we call normal.  Although, they are saying that our normal before wasn't working (obviously) and we now have an opportunity to carve out a new normal, one that might actually include leisure time, and spending time with family, and reading, and crafting, and gardening, and, yes, even praying! Write letters to friends and family.  Send cards with only your name if you don't like writing long letters.  Make time for yourself, as well.  We all need time for ourselves.  

I want to wish all of the readers of the blog a most Happy Easter and a healthy rest of the year and beyond.  You all really do matter to me.  I don't even know everyone who reads this cause you don't leave notes - and that's ok.  Just know that I value every single one of you.  

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Easter Sally. I enjoyed visiting with you today. You reminded me I need to get outside today. Hubby is home so he walked the dogs this morning but I need a walk too...lucky dogs get a second walk.

Jennifer said...

Best wishes for Easter to you and your family, Sally!