Thursday, January 16, 2020

January 16, 2020

Just taking a moment to catch up with you, dear readers.  All 3 of you!  I have no idea how many folks read this....there are 3 that I know for sure...no one else makes any comments so I don't know you've been here and are keeping up with our life....hint, hint, hint!

2020 started out great so far.  My mom turned 90 years young on January 6th.  Both of my brothers flew in for a surprise visit so we were all able to be together for this momentous occasion.  I took one picture when they arrived and one while the boys were outside looking at our cows - they are, after all, city boys!  I cannot believe I didn't wear out the camera taking photos while they were here....I will try to do better the next time we are all in the same place as the same time. In the meantime, here they are!
John told mom he was going to the Man Store (our name for Lowes) - he was really going to the airport - and she never thought anything of it...when he came home, he showed her what he got at the Man Store....she was so surprised!  

The 4 1/2 days the boys were here just flew by.  It's been so long since we've all been together for any length of time.  Am hoping I can take mom out to Arizona for a visit this spring and we can all get together again.  I sure do miss my brothers - more and more as I get older and older.

Am slowly getting back to quilting....have finished one already and mom is currently tacking down the binding.  Will show it when it's totally done.  And I have one more almost done - it's a kit I bought in 2004 so it should be ripe about now, don't you think?  It's a patriotic quilt and I'm feeling quilt nostalgic for the patriotism of those times right after 9/11 - sure could use some of that in this country today!  But enough politics.  Back to quilting.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Slightly late happy birthday wishes to your lovely Mum, Sally!