Sunday, December 9, 2018

Week 49 & 50 - The Holidays are Upon Us

I didn't post last week - I know, I'm a bad girl! No excuse so I won't insult you with a lame one I made up.  

The holidays are quickly approaching.  We are putting the tree up today - always the weekend nearest John's birthday (which is tomorrow).  Because of the Skipper, we aren't putting any ornaments on it, just the lights.  Hopefully, he will leave the tree alone and next year we might try ornaments.  He's still a kitten (8 months old tomorrow) and everything needs to be explored, don't ya know!

I finally finished the quilt for my friend in New York...he loved it.  He gave me permission to post pictures...


It's quite huge - 38 years in the making.  The earliest T-shirt is dated 1980 and I finished it this year.  I learned so much in the making of this quilt - and I hope I don't have to make one this big for another 38 years.  Gary said he was going to start a new collection so I could make him another - told him I might be too old in another 38 years!

Here is a little Advent Calendar that made me smile:



And this just made my day - for all you mommy's out there.

Make mine multi-colored, please, Santa!

Finally, I want to wish each of you a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year...



Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful quilt......a fabulous memento of a performing life for your friend! Best wishes for Christmas to you and your family, Sally.