Sunday, June 10, 2018

Weeks 22, 23, & 24 - Catching Up

Yes, you read that right...I haven't posted in 3 weeks.  And I have a good reason for that!  

I'm not going to make any excuses...I deliberately ignored you folks...And I'd do it again if I had the opportunity to spend time in Utah with my son, his amazing wife, and those 5 grands....Yep, that's where I was.  

Our Emily, the oldest of the grands, graduated from high school while I was there.  Actually, that's the reason I was out in Utah in the first place.  What an achievement for her!  
 Luckily, we were sitting almost exactly where she was sitting...John went down to take a closeup of the graduate....
So proud of this young woman. She is off to nursing school in southern Utah in August.  She's got a good head on her shoulders and has some pretty good plans for her future.  Love you, Emily!

Also while I was there, Hewston, our youngest grandson, was baptized in the Mormon Church.  

 His father baptized him, and his grandfather and uncle were witnesses for the priesthood.  (Don't ask me, I'm not entirely sure ...)
This family is truly amazing...and I'm not prejudiced.  Anyone who came into their orbit would think the same.  

I spent the week knitting and talking with everyone...it was so special  to get some one-on-one time with each of the grands....they are turning into amazing people!   Charlotte brought her knitting out and asked me to show her how to do it again (she only knits when I'm there...at this rate, it will take her 20 years to knit a scarf for her American Girl doll!) She picked it up right away and began motoring down the scarf like she never quit! I even got to spend time with Hewston and William - not much but enough to make my heart smile!  Claire was always coming up for hugs and smooches...and Emily is almost a full-grown woman....Can you tell how much I adore those kids?  

The end of May, beginning of June, and the Rockies still have snow on them.  I sure was glad to go home and see Mr. Wonderful and Mom....I miss the Utah family a lot but home is quieter!

Thanks for stopping by...I'll see you next week.

No comments: