Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 9 & 10 - Oops, I Did it Again!

Yes, folks, I lost another week somewhere...how else do I explain not getting the blog post done last week?  It certainly wasn't that I just got lazy, was it?  Nope, can't imagine that happening!!

So Sock Madness, the annual Free-for-All International Sock Knitting Contest began a week ago this last Thursday.  At least the Qualifying Round began.  One has 2 weeks (down to the minute!) to knit a specific pair of socks in order to qualify to get onto a team and actually compete.  I downloaded the pattern, went thru the stash to find the yarns I wanted to use, and cast on....it's a lovely pattern by one of my favorite sock designers...I've finished one sock and am almost ready to complete the 2nd one.  I will definitely make it to a team this year.  My goal is to make it to the 3rd round (of 7).  Any further and I'd need to take time off work and knit around the clock to proceed further.  And that's not happening!  Here's my finished first sock.
The markers are there at the request of the moderators so they can make sure I knit the number of rounds they require.  I'm not altogether sure I like the construction of that toe but it's required so, what can you do?  I don't have to use that toe when I knit my regular vanilla socks.

Our nephew and his wife and one daughter came over yesterday.  He offered to help his Uncle John built a birthing corral behind the barn and we took him up on it!  They started around 8:00 a.m. yesterday and finished after dark - tractor lights pointed at the area they were working worked just fine after the sun went down.  The corral is quite large and made of metal and will be wonderful to keep Rosie and Belle secured when it's time for them to have their calves in mid-April.  That way, John won't have to chase them into the woods if they have problems.  As soon as they weather permits, I can post pictures - it's a work of art!  Our nephew is very good at welding and that corral is quite sturdy!

You know, sometimes I see things on the internet that resonate with me, or make me chuckle, or make me think.  Here's one that made sense to me:
Got it!

And lots of folks post that they are Thankful...thankful for being able to provide for their families, thankful that God is watching over them, thankful they have jobs, a roof over their head, etc.  Here's a good thankful reminder:

I need to knit some more on my qualifier sock so I'm going to finish this for the week.  Keep good thoughts and I'll post next Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like your sock - very bright and cheerful! Both of those sayings are wonderful words to live one's life by, I particularly like the 2nd one.

Debbie said...

Great to have some time to catch up on blog reading. Fun little sock knitting program. Do you have to increase the number of socks you get done for each round? Loved the fun little quotes!