Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 7 - More Weather

I am soooooo over winter!  I'm sick of being cold....done with snow and ice...finished with stupid coats that make me look like the Pillsbury Doughboy.  DONE.  That being said, the Groundhog saw his shadow so we have 6 more weeks of winter since February 2nd.  That would bring us to around March 20th... I say we declare Spring that day whether we're ready of not!  Everyone with me?

We have pecan trees all around the library and every year this older couple literally swarm the grounds, picking up pecans...probably to either preserve them or to sell them.  This year, I didn't see them gathering nuts during the fall.  BUT, we saw this behind our dumpster the other day....I can't imagine that there was anyone but that couple who did this.  Made us all smile the rest of the day.


My local yarn shop (LYS) is having a KnitAlong...we're doing a pattern called Butterfly (Papillon). It's a shawl that literally looks like a butterfly with extended wings.  It's quite an undertaking...I won't show you the pattern cause that would violate the copyright of the designer...suffice to say, it's involved!  Mom decided she would make one, too.  Now, she rarely does anything but socks.  She cranks out socks like there's no tomorrow - close to 30 pair a year.  She doesn't have a lot of experience in doing much else, at least not for a very long time.  But she committed to doing this.  And I'm so proud of her...here is her progress so far.

I have to say, she never gave up, she kept her cool, even when I was chewing nails and spitting hot rivets with frustration.  I think it finally kicked in and she did great when we sat down to work on it today.  So stinkin' proud of her...she's brave and she's amazing!

Here's mine:

We've had rain all day today....that's a YEAH!...so far this year we are in drought conditions and this rain is expected to bring us past that.  With luck, we hope to get upwards of 6-7 inches in the next few days...enough rain to put us in flooding conditions...wacky weather.  

I've spent today, when not knitting, putting together some quilt tops and backs to go to the quilter.  None of them is very big, one is a baby quilt, the others are table toppers that just need to get done!  Will show them once they get back and have the bindings done.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That will be interesting to see when it's done! I wonder if squirrels can read?