Sunday, June 25, 2017

Week 26 - Half a Year Already

Can you believe it?  Half of the year is already done.  Half a year, folks.  It makes me feel old.  

Mom and I went out to lunch with a friend earlier this week and we then stopped at Target to do a bit of shopping - you know the kind I'm talking about - just wandering along the aisles with no particular list and picking up stuff that caught your eye and your brain said, "Oh, my, I MUST have that!".  I got a wonderful rolling cart (which Mr. Wonderful put together this morning!) so I can have most everything I need for the day by the side of the bed without asking someone (mom) to wait on me hand and foot and get me stuff.  We also saw this:

Really? I've seen 'by the pound' and 'by the case' but never, EVER, by the each'.  Sheesh! 

This Tuesday is Bionic Day...I'm getting a new right knee!  I've been excited about this ever since the doctor said it was time to do it. I'm getting a bit nervous but I think it's because of the idea of surgical incision pain and therapy pain.  I am comforted by the idea that the surgical pain and the therapy pain are only temporary and then everything will be right as rain!  I'll check in next week and let you know how it went!

I've got several knitting projects set aside for recovery time as well as some machine embroidery items.  I'm not counting on using the sewing machine right away because the pedal uses my right leg and that's going to be somewhat limited for a few weeks.  So knitting and machine embroidery (all I do is push a button to start and stop the process) are my diversions of choice for the next several weeks.  And catching up on movies that mom and I want to see that John isn't too enthused about (La La Land and Beauty and the Beast come to mind).  

And reading...lots of reading.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  You know how you have all these plans for your time off work and how you are going to get all these things done and when you look back, all you did was sleep and paint your nails?  I'm hoping NOT to get nothing done and instead get lots done.  I'll report in how that's going for me, too.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Best wishes for a successful outcome to your surgery, Sally!