Sunday, October 5, 2014

September Wrap-up

So this summer's quest that I set for several people has ended and I have received almost 75 patterns from all over the country and Ontario, Canada....23 people came to my rescue and braved their areas in search of patterns and licence plates.  I decided to make a mug rug for each person who went out to their local shops and obtained patterns for me.  I chose embroidery patterns for each of them and put their name on the rug as well.  I have spent most of today addressing envelopes and affixing stamps to 17 of them, 3 have already been sent, and I'm waiting on 3 more sets of patterns to arrive at which time I'll finish the mug rugs for those people and get them sent off. I tried to hide the names of the people who might be reading this so your mug rug is a surprise...if you see a name, there's a good chance that person doesn't read this blog.  I could be wrong about that and someone might see theirs here - sorry I spoiled the surprise.

It's now been a year since John went out to Utah and tomorrow marks 1 year since he started his job. I can't believe it's been that long.  I have a tendency to look at things in the perspective of deployments (we did 17 of those while John was in the Navy)...so some of you will understand when I say this:  When John left, the Mule (the farm cart I bought John when he turned 60 years old) had a full tank of gas...today I checked and I have a whole year's worth of gas left in the tank...I let you think about that for a while.  Yes, in 1 year, I've only used 1/2 tank of gas - that's using it every single week to take trash out to the bins, check on the water softener under the house, check on the orchard, run down to our neighbor's house, etc.  I surely do hope I don't have to wait another year before I can empty the tank and ship the Mule to Utah....I would love to 'waste' the gas left in the tank and move sooner than later!

The weather has turned cooler here in the Ozarks.  We've had a bit of rain in the last 10 days and a bit more expected this next week.  And it's predicted the temps will rise a bit also this next week.  But Autumn is definitely arrived!  I had to turn the furnace on a couple of days already...but today I have the a/c going.

Well, enough rambling...I'm off to read for a while before it gets dark and I settle down with some hot chocolate and a movie.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Heavens - has it been a year already? Fingers crossed that things work out for you soon so you can be together.