Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Already?

Our house has been on the market for 8 months so far.  Now, I understand the economy is crap....it's crap everywhere!  But Mr. Wonderful has been so far away for the last 8 months as well...and that's beginning to be crap, too!  So I decided to take matters into my own hands, or rather, to turn it over to a different source.  Those who are Catholic are aware of the Saints...we pray to them to intervene on our behalf, to add substance to our own prayers.  St. Joseph is the Patron Saint of the Home...and thereby, is also the saint we pray to when we want to sell our home.  There is even a St. Joseph Home Selling Kit!  For a small fee, one can get help from a higher source...well, that's where I went!  After I got my Hepatitis A injection, I drove to the Catholic Bookstore and bought a kit.  This morning, I performed the ceremony to get this house selling into higher gear!  First, you dig a small hole - near the For Sale Sign and near the road.  
 Next, you place the statue of St. Joseph face down, with his head facing the road.
 Cover him up.
 Then say the prayer that comes with the statue. I've heard from different sources that the prayer should be said only once or every day till the house sells.  I'm not taking any chances - I'll say the prayer every single day.  I've got the prayer card in my car and will stop each day on the way to work and say the prayer.
There are those who say this is poppycock and resonates with 'magic'.  I say it is a matter of faith. And I have faith that between St. Joseph and me, we can get the job done.  Not sure how long it will take, but I've done my part!

I'd appreciate any prayers toward selling our house from any of you, too....we can use all that come our way!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Batiklover said...

Oh Sally, I am definitely saying a prayer for you to sell your house!!!! I know it is tough to be away from your other half, even though you have done it most of Johns career. This is supposed to be your happily ever after!!!! Keep us posted!!!

Jennifer said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts for a speedy house sale! I hope all goes well for you.