Friday, December 6, 2013

SNOW DAY!!!


As you can see from these pictures, today was a snow day!  The library closed at 4:00 p.m. yesterday and we got a call from the Director early this morning that she was calling a snow day today AND tomorrow!  I don't work tomorrow but I can be really happy for the girl who is supposed to work. We got 5 inches of snow yesterday, and are expecting another 4 inches today.  Judging by what I've seen so far, I think it will be closer to 5+ inches by the time it's all over.
 The Snow Day gave me time to work on several items that have been languishing in the studio.  This table runner is a class project for my machine applique class (it was cancelled for this morning).  I quilted it and put the binding on this morning.  And now I have a Christmas table runner!

On the knitting front, I've been working on some mini ornaments that are being offered by my favorite designer on Ravelry.  This is one of two mini mittens...that's my own hand there!  Tiny, tiny items.  There's also a beanie, a 'blanket' a tea cozy and a tablet cover so far.  I've only done the one mitten.  Cause I'm also doing mini socks - really mini socks.  Knit on size 0 needles with lace yarn.  The little socks are ending up to be less than an inch wide by less than 2 inches long.  With beads!!! No photos of those but let me tell you, they are stinkin' cute!

 Must be sewing some more so I'll sign off for now and promise to come back soon.  Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, lots of wet white stuff! That is one cute mitten, it would fit a very small kitten I reckon.

Batiklover said...

BRRRRR!!!!!
Glad you got to stay home and play!!!! You will definitely have to post a pic of that mini sock with the beads!!!
You are NUTS!!!! :-)