Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crafty Ladies

Mom and I spent this morning working on some folded iris cards. She'd never heard of them and said she'd try them for me. This is the one she made....her very first iris folded card. I think she's hooked! Then she made the card on the left....using grosgrain ribbons as her paper strips and paper punching the dots on the planter. It's too cute! I made the card on the right - using various ribbons and alternating the colors so it stripes. I'm quite pleased with that one, too.
Finally, here is a Halloween cauldron whose pattern I got from the internet. I'm going to use this card as a giveaway for my class tomorrow.
More soon. Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What pretty cards....that technique looks like fun!

Julie said...

I love doing those, I found a book on them at JoAnns a few years ago. I really don't do them often enough. Have you see the iris folded quilts?