Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Catching up with Myself

Well, I finished my round 2 Sock Madness socks at 9:02 p.m. last Tuesday. Had Mr. Wonderful take a picture of them on my own two feet, uploaded the picture and was in the middle of sending the required email to the moderators when our internet service quit for the night. (Don't ask! It's a long, complicated story that always ends with me hyperventilating and getting mad all over again and doesn't solve anything!) I called our son in Utah and had him go into my email, type the required wording, insert a link to the uploaded photo and send it off to the mods. The next morning I had a confirmation that I had qualified for Round 3! I was either qualifier number 10, 11, or 12. Doesn't really matter which number I was as long as it was one of the first 20 finishers in my division. We are now impatiently awaiting the final person to qualify in the last division so we can go on to round 3...that should be sometime in the next day or so.

AND - I just signed up for Sock Wars 4 - the international sock-knitting speed battle to end all battles! It starts on May 15th. Wonder who I will get and where they live? This one requires me to knit a prescribed sock for a specific person to their shoe size and mail it to them before the person who has my name sends me a pair of socks knit to my shoe size. It's all quite nerve-wracking and fun! I never expect to win these things...last year I got killed while on vacation in California. The good thing about it is the comraderie and getting a pair of hand-knit socks made for me by a complete stranger!

Well, I'm off to work the front desk for a while. Thanks for stopping by. More later - soon - er, later.

1 comment:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Lot's of socks! I'm impressed at your dedication!