Thursday, September 30, 2021

The End of Summer and Beginning of Autumn

 Mom and I spent a lovey week in Phoenix, Arizona with my brothers and their families.  I went the Camelback High School 50th Reunion while there.  

Our school colors were blue and orange and I was able to find a top to wear as well as a shawl I'd knit that matched the exact orange.  

Karen Deaktor and Molly Parker and Me....can NOT believe they remembered me from 50 years ago!  I always thought I was invisible during those painful teen years.

Celia Cheves, what a treasure you are!  

I met up with girls I'd known in Girl Scouts, some I'd reconnected with thru Facebook already.  I had had misgivings about going but sure did have a good time.  

Staying with my brother was so lovely.  Turns out my youngest brother has the same love of animals that my mom has.  It was a week-long lovefest between him and their pup, Charli.


It's not often we three get together. We live so far apart.

When we got home, it was time to preserve the tomatoe harvest.  John had picked all the tomatoes he could from his garden - almot 30 gallons.  My friends Fran and Nickie came up to observe and we put them to work right away.  We got 26 quarts of tomatoes!  

John had to work out of town all this week so it fell to me to let the chickens out of the barn each evening and lock them in each evening before sundown.  As I walked out of the barn this morning after opening up their area, I heard clucking really close behind me.  I turned and saw this....made me feel like the Pied Piper!  18 chicks (2 months old) and 9 adults all following me along the central alley of the barn.  

Wll, it's beginning to sprinkle outside and I need to get to my sewing machine for today.  Thank you for stoppng by.  






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful trip down memory lane, Sally......and how lovely to have some time with your family, too. Love those chickens!