Sunday, December 15, 2019

Week 48 & 49 - The Holidays are Fast Approaching

In the last couple of weeks we have been approaching the holidays.  John drove to Utah last week with two huge coolers filled with the pork we raised and butchered for our son and his family.  He drove straight thru - 20 hours.  Or almost straight thru.  About an hour outside of Salt Lake City, his truck just suddenly stopped!  Fortunately, it was about 5 in the morning and not a lot of traffic on Interstate 80.  He was able to coast to the side of the road. He called a tow truck who advised him that there was no shop in the nearest town who could work on his truck and he should tow it nearer to our son's house.  Thankfully he took that advise.  After several hundred dollars and a ride in a tow truck, John had his vehicle back, along with a brand new alternator!  He spent a few days with John III, Jill, and the 5 grands and came home on Thursday last week.  It was lovely to have him home...even after 46 years, he's still my guy!

While John was gone, Mom and I put up our tree.  I used our pencil tree this year - 7 feet tall and skinny.  It's already got lights on so all I had to do was put the three pieces together and Voila!  I put in on the bench seat, looking out the bay window.  So far, the kitties have not tipped it over.  I didn't put any decorations on it - too much temptation for kitties to play.  It looks pretty plain during the day, but when the night comes, with the lights on, it's magical!

I saw the following the other day and it really resonated with me. I'm sharing it with you, hoping it resonates with you, too
So now you know, it's up to you to carry on.  

I'm looking forward to 2020.  And this is helping me form my plans.


Positivity is my word for this next year!  

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday season and a Blessed New Year.  

Thanks for stopping by. 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Best wishes to you and your family, Sally, for a season filled with peace and love......and chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.