Sunday, March 3, 2019

Week 8 - Where the Devil did Mother Nature Go?

Okay, now,  I realize I'm spoiled...I make no apologies for that.  John has spoiled me our entire married life.  There is very little that I want that he has denied me.  So when I say I'm done with winter, I'm really done with winter. The only problem here is that John has absolutely no power to fix this.  I'll forgive him this time!  Besides, I think the police are on the trail on this one...they don't need John getting involved.

The weather here in southwest Missouri has been ever-changing.  Mid-60's one day and two days later we have snow and wind chills below freezing.  Take today.

Not sure exactly how much snow we got, but the temps are positively frigid...and continue on a downward spiral toward zero degrees.  Overnight temps are expected to hover around 2 degrees with a wind chill of around -15 degrees.  I am hoping they cancel school tomorrow...that means the library will be closed as well and I can have another day off this week. 



We also had a snow day this last Thursday.  I spent the day making a small decorative pillow for our entry.  The embroidery machine has gotten a true workout this week.  I'm planning a bigger pillow for later in the spring - assuming we ever get a spring.  
Here's what I made this week.  It measures 4" by 8"...
And then I worked up another Row by Row block - this one from 2016.
It's from Bittersweet Quilts in Joplin, Missouri.  I wish now I'd swapped out the dark blue in the kit for a lighter blue so you could see the galvanized milk can better....but I might be able to highlight the can with the tackdown stitching for the applique...

The time is gong slowly with regards to my retirement.  Only 2 more weeks.  And then I'm going out to Utah to see the kids and grandkids for a week.  John will stay home and make sure Mom is ok while I'm gone.  

If it's March, it must be Sock Madness.  We got the qualifying pattern this morning and I am going to sit down and start knitting once I finish this blog post.  This is my 12th year competing and the 13th year of the competition.  I look forward to it every year, even though I have no expectations of getting much past round 3 each year.  There are 7 rounds, with more and more folks being eliminated each round.  It's fun to challenge myself to knit patterns that have never been seen before (some of them have been written specifically for the Madness) and I always - always - learn at least one thing new each year.  

Once I finish this qualifying pair, I'll post.  I'm using a colorway called Llamacorn.  Intriguing, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: